AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 25, 2016 06:10PM
For the sake of it being Friday afternoon, it being easier, and also the method that I use in my lab, I would recommend option 1.

The output of the mris_convert command is transformed to the fsaverage space. So there is no need to create standard meshes. Standard meshes created using MapIcosahedron are another way to get all of the data ready for group analysis by getting vertex correspondence. Since your data is already resampled to fsaverage thanks to -qcache and mris_convert, there's no need to do anything else. There's some bits of this in the SUMA.pdf documentation, and possibly in the new documentation at [afni.nimh.nih.gov]

If you use option 1, which I would recommend, you do have to perform a t-test on each hemisphere separately. This is standard practice in Freesurfer analyses (LH, RH, and subcortical being separate analyses).
Subject Author Posted

@SUMA_Make_Spec_FS and cortical thickness

AjaySK March 25, 2016 04:13PM

Re: @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS and cortical thickness

Peter Molfese March 25, 2016 05:10PM

AjaySK March 25, 2016 05:37PM

Peter Molfese March 25, 2016 06:10PM

AjaySK March 28, 2016 12:40PM