AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 08, 2016 01:59PM
Hi Rick,

I am also having issues with my data not aligning correctly. I think I am missing a step but I cannot find anything on the message about it. I have taken the following steps:

APPROACH #1
1) Use FreeSurfer recon-all on my T1 image that has not been skull stripped or warped to MNI <-- is this problem?
2) Run @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS -sid Subject#
3) Run @SUMA_AlignToExperiment -exp_anat anat_final.101+tlrc. -surf_anat 101_SurfVol+orig.
- The anat_final.101_tlrc is aligned to all the epi data and warped to MNI space.

PROBLEM 1) 101_SurfVol+orig is in original space, which means that @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS is not using the native space images: the nonskullstripped original space images are displayed - which could because I used the T1 image --> Freesurfer. However, Freesurfer recon-all is skullstripping and warping into MNI. So, I am not sure what is wrong here.

APPROACH #2
1) Run step 1 and 2 above
2) Use align_epi_anat.py -anat2epi -anat 101_SurfVol+orig -anat_has_skull yes -save_skullstrip -suffix _al_junk -epi min_outlier_volume+orig -epi_base 0 -epi_strip 3dAutomask -volreg off -tshift off
- my epi data is aligned to the min_outlier. Here I am skullstripping and aligning the SurfVol to the min_outlier
3) @auto_tlrc -base /Users/sxa308/abin/MNI_avg152T1+tlrc -input 101_SurfVol_ns+orig -no_ss -init_xform AUTO_CENTER
- Now transfer the SurfVol_ns+orig to MNI space
4) Run @SUMA_AlignToExperiment

PROBLEM #2: The subject .spec file (101_both.spec) is not in MNI space and aligned to the min_outlier_volume.

QUESTION: Is there a way to convert and align the spec files? The only help I have found is your comment about: ConvertSurface has the -xmat_1D and -ixmat_1D options --> [afni.nimh.nih.gov]

APPROACH #3
1) Rerun recon-all (freesurfer) on my anat_final.101+tlrc
2) Then continue with approach #1 .... waiting on this.

Any insight or direction that you can provide would be fantastic!

Thanks,
Shana
Subject Author Posted

Misalignment SUMA

vicki388 July 26, 2016 08:45PM

Re: Misalignment SUMA

rick reynolds July 27, 2016 01:12PM

vicki388 August 03, 2016 07:30PM

vicki388 August 14, 2016 12:50AM