AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 09, 2016 09:02AM
Hi Shana-

It's usually a good idea to do your preprocessing in afni_proc.py or uber_subject. This ensures that the projecting of the data to the surfaces happens in a fairly accurate way (before smoothing) and also allows you to smooth on the cortical surface! There can be some sizable differences when you do the surface smoothing compared to the more "traditional" in volume smoothing. Some comparison and instructions are here. And a general overview of some surface analyses are here.

Importantly, you won't have to re-run Freesurfer! Once you have the Freesurfer folders, and run @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS, you're done with Freesurfer! So really you're just waiting for the functional data to be preprocessed again! And yes, Freesurfer takes a while to run. Though the new Retina iMacs seem to get it under 10 hours. The other best solution is to use something like GNU Parallel (or an actual cluster if you have one) to parallel process the data. I wrote up a way to do this on my blog.

Hope this helps! I can't say how convenient using afni_proc.py is for surface based analyses! Let me know if you have more questions!

-Peter
Subject Author Posted

Misalignment SUMA

vicki388 July 26, 2016 08:45PM

Re: Misalignment SUMA

rick reynolds July 27, 2016 01:12PM

vicki388 August 03, 2016 07:30PM

vicki388 August 14, 2016 12:50AM

shanaadise December 08, 2016 01:59PM