AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 09, 2016 09:54AM
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the reply. I think after reading another post of yours that the issue may pertain to smoothness estimates of covariates. With the current state of where things are at, do you recommend 3dttest++ -clustsim or using 3dFWHMX -acf on the group level stats (i.e. Deter ended stats Output of 3dMVM if we need it for interactions or residuals from 3dttest++ if that model suffices) along with 3dClustsim for publishing? My concern is that with two groups of 20 and adding age, gender and Moca as covariates that I am losing a lot of power, especially if I'm in the category of FPR of 1-2% of covariates (from your Clustsim post).

Additionally, I have some surface data (i.e. Cortical thickness etc) which I processed through 3dMVM due to the interactions of the model which are more accurate.
1) Is there any stats tool which directly samples surface data (from my understanding 3dttest++ -clustsim does not work with surfaces just yet)?

2) If not, is there any surface based smoothness estimation programs through AFNI that use the acf model such as slow_clustsim, or have these not been updated yet from the pure Gaussian model?

Thanks,
Ajay
Subject Author Posted

3dttest++ -clustsim vs 3dClustSim very different

AjaySK August 03, 2016 01:04PM

Re: 3dttest++ -clustsim vs 3dClustSim very different

AjaySK August 04, 2016 09:53AM

Bob Cox August 08, 2016 10:58AM

AjaySK August 09, 2016 09:54AM