AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 27, 2016 08:26PM
HI Experts,

According to this webpage: [afni.nimh.nih.gov]
3dtttest program accepts datasets that are modified on input according to the following schemes: '3dcalc( -a r1+orig -b r2+orig -expr 0.5*(a+b) )' {calculation}

With this in mind, I tried to do the t-test below, but it could not run (below is just a part of the script).

3dtttest++ -prefix ./Output_Cond/T_Test_Gain_Vs_Neutral_ShapeFixed \
-mask ../mask_overlap.7+tlrc. \
-labelA Gain_Loss \
-setA ‘3dcalc(-a /home/Test_Data/Sub1/Sub1_Shapefixed+tlrc.BRIK'[1]' -b /home/Test_Data/Sub1/Sub1_Shapefixed+tlrc.BRIK'[3]' -expr 0.5*(a+b))’
….. \
-labelB Neutral \
-setB /home/Test_Data/Sub1/Sub1_Shapefixed+tlrc.BRIK'[5]' \
….

Of course, I can do this step by step: first do the 3dcalc, then do this 3dttest++. I have two questions below.

1) Does 3dtttest++ program accept datasets that are modified by 3dcalc? How should I modify it? In my case, the PATH is also inserted.

2) Now I try to compare the "[Brick (1) + Brick (3)]*0.5" and "Brick (5)". Should I go back to redo the 3dDeconvolve, by collapsing the regressor 1 and regressor 2 (i.e., they are corresponding to the Brick (1) and (3) here) as one regressor? Would the results be different? I assume it should be the same. Am I correct?

Thanks so much,
Juan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2016 09:02PM by Juan.
Subject Author Posted

why my 3dcalc does not work?

Juan August 27, 2016 08:26PM

Re: why my 3dcalc does not work?

gang August 30, 2016 01:25PM

Bob Cox August 30, 2016 01:32PM

Juan August 30, 2016 03:05PM

gang August 30, 2016 05:12PM