AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 12, 2016 02:09PM
I am using MEICA on data with 3 echo times, TR of 1553. I ran into 2 problems, maybe related.

AFNI version is 16.3.00 (Oct 9 2016)

I ran the command:

meica.py -e 12.4,34.28,56.16 -d 4D_TE1.nii,4D_TE2.nii,4D_TE3.nii -a mp2rage.nii -tpattern @/mnt/NAS5/toolbox/labtools/sliceorder.txt --MNI --qwarp --TR=1.553 --OVERWRITE

and the shell script ran fine until this point:

echo +* "Preliminary preprocessing of functional datasets: despike, tshift, deoblique, and/or axialize"
echo --------"Preliminary preprocessing dataset 4D_TE1.nii of TE=12.4ms to produce e1_ts+orig"
3dDespike -overwrite -prefix ./4D_TE1_pt.nii.gz 4D_TE1.nii
3dTshift -heptic -tpattern @/mnt/NAS5/toolbox/labtools/sliceorder.txt -prefix ./e1_ts+orig ./4D_TE1_pt.nii.gz
3daxialize -overwrite -prefix ./e1_ts+orig ./e1_ts+orig

3dTshift fails because the script does not include the TR in the argument (I think). Because the slice order text file includes values larger than 1.0 s, it fails. (Illegal value 1.108 in tpattern file /mnt/NAS5/toolbox/labtools/sliceorder.txt). Would probably be better if 3dTshift included a -TR argument if it was included in the meica.py command line?

I can manually correct this by adding the -TR 1.553 to the 3dTshift line in the shell script. But the output is written as e1_ts+tlrc, and not e1_ts+orig, and the next step (3daxialize) fails: FATAL ERROR: Can't open input dataset: ./e1_ts+orig

Even if I change the name of the file from e1_ts+tlrc to e1_ts+orig, afni still can't open the input dataset (but if I convert this to a nifti file and open it in SPM it looks fine to me and is aligned in original space rather than talairach space.) I could change the script to keep using +tlrc instead of +orig throughout (which works), but would rather not have to manually edit the scripts for each case.

Do I have a setting wrong somewhere in AFNI that defaults to tlrc files?
Subject Author Posted

MEICA: fails on 3dTshift for -tpattern @filename

JeffAnderson October 12, 2016 02:09PM

Re: MEICA: fails on 3dTshift for -tpattern @filename

rick reynolds October 13, 2016 12:41PM

Re: MEICA: fails on 3dTshift for -tpattern @filename

JeffAnderson October 24, 2016 04:23PM