AFNI Message Board

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 21, 2016 02:01AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I was using 3dTproject to perform bandpass filtering with censoring on one subject with the following command:

3dTproject -input <path-to-input>/XXX.nii.gz -prefix <path-to-output>/XXX_bp_0_0.08_afni.nii.gz -polort 0 -passband 0 0.08 -TR 3 -mask <path-to-mask>XXX.brainmask.bin.nii.gz -censor <path-to-censor>/XXX_FDRMS0.2_DVARS50_motion_outliers.txt -cenmode ZERO -verb

However, I found the output signals on uncensored frames are not orthogonal to stopband regressors. I did the inner product between (a) each voxel's output uncensored frames and (b) every regressor after censoring, then I got a production matrix with dimension num_voxels times num_regressors. It is expected that every entry of this matrix is very close to zero. But the maximum absolute value of this matrix is 0.3355, which I think is far from a floating-point error. How could this outcome happen? Is it an known issue?

By the way, the version that I am using is:
3dTproject: AFNI version=AFNI_2011_12_21_1014 (Jan 26 2015) [64-bit]

Thank you!

Regards,
Jingwei Li
Subject Author Posted

Non-orthogonal 3dTproject output uncensored frames and stopband regressors when including censoring

Jingwei Li October 21, 2016 02:01AM

Re: Non-orthogonal 3dTproject output uncensored frames and stopband regressors when including censoring

Bob Cox October 21, 2016 09:06AM

Re: Non-orthogonal 3dTproject output uncensored frames and stopband regressors when including censoring Attachments

Jingwei Li October 27, 2016 11:50PM

Re: Non-orthogonal 3dTproject output uncensored frames and stopband regressors when including censoring

Bob Cox October 31, 2016 08:26AM

Jingwei Li November 02, 2016 06:39AM

Bob Cox November 02, 2016 10:05AM

Jingwei Li November 10, 2016 08:14PM

rick reynolds November 14, 2016 01:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login