AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 27, 2016 04:22PM
Thanks for the input Bob! It feels good to have an explanation!

We are, compared to the NIH, very small and do not run a huge cluster. We have two separate quite capable Linux servers (I guess this would correspond to two nodes at your place). A relatively large Windows storage server is mounted on each of these and this is the location on the servers where people do their analysis (since that creates a lot of data).

Maybe we can just buy a TB sized SSD disk for each of these servers, give all the users read/write privileges and they can go there to run smaller jobs or "I/O-bound" jobs like 3dFWHMx. Then I can set a cron-job to wipe it at midnight every other day or something. This would probably work well for us. Or do you see a major flaw in this?

Thanks again - This was great!
Subject Author Posted

3dFWHMx - Mounted drive issues

Robin October 27, 2016 12:46PM

Re: 3dFWHMx - Mounted drive issues

Bob Cox October 27, 2016 01:53PM

Re: 3dFWHMx - Mounted drive issues

Robin October 27, 2016 04:22PM