AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 13, 2016 10:38AM
Hi Rick,

Thanks for your answers !

I have ROIs of the whole SC now. But I have no FreeSurfer surfaces and I want to finish creating ROIs of different depth in a short time.

So the solutions I can find are :
1.Draw the first layer (the surface layer or the 0 mm layer) of the SC ROI manually.
2.Calculate the shortest distance from the other voxels in the ROI of the whole SC to all voxels in the first layer.
3.Get the voxels (the other voxels in SC ROI except for the voxels in first layer ) with specific shortest distance out and combine these voxels into a new ROI. For example,the voxels with the distance of 0.5-1.5mm will be combined into a new ROI with the name of 1mm layer. Then I can make several ROIs of different depth (2mm,3mm,4mm) from the first layer of the SC.

However,I don't know how to calculate physical distance from the voxels in the first layer to the other voxels in SC firstly.Secondly,I don't know how to combine the voxels of the specific distance to a new ROI.
Subject Author Posted

How to make ROIs of different depth from the surface of the SC?

Zhang Yu December 13, 2016 01:42AM

Re: How to make ROIs of different depth from the surface of the SC?

rick reynolds December 13, 2016 07:46AM

Re: How to make ROIs of different depth from the surface of the SC?

Zhang Yu December 13, 2016 10:38AM