AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 19, 2016 11:02AM
Thanks Gang,

This is going to get confusing in terms of what you and I are really talking about. We only have 3 subjects (monkeys), that's why we need to run multiple sessions / subject. I think I have to turn the scripting upside down a little to get it to work for this scenario, follow me through...

My columns are really:

Session Monkey Taste Hydration InputFile

Session is the random factor. But in your terminology, it sounds like I must put it in the first column and call it 'Subj', correct? Fine.

So now I have:

Subj Monkey Taste Hydration InputFile

First, in this terminology, I want to specify Session (but remember here we're calling it 'Subj') nested in Monkey.

Is that Monkey|Session or Session|Monkey?

Second, I think I should include Monkey as a fixed effect (since monkey is really not the same as your 'Subj' (your 'Subj' is my session)):

'Monkey*Taste*Hydration'

I think you dropped Subj (i.e.session) from the fixed effects line because you thought it was in fact subject (but it's really session).

So in the end we have:

fixed effects: monkey, taste, and hydration
random effects: session (which we'll name 'Subj' in your terminology) nested in monkey

Any less confused?!

Thanks, Peter
Subject Author Posted

3dLME random effects and nesting

PeterK December 15, 2016 01:21PM

Re: 3dLME random effects and nesting

gang December 16, 2016 03:55PM

PeterK December 19, 2016 11:02AM

gang December 20, 2016 08:54AM