AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 18, 2017 07:26PM
Hello everyone
I have several subjects (around 200) and I used uber_subject.py to do the pre-processing steps on them. In the result folder there are several files that have the mask word in their names, the names are:
rm.mask_r01+orig.HEAD
rm.mask_r01+orig.BRIK.gz
full_mask.S142290+orig.HEAD
full_mask.S142290+orig.BRIK.gz

first of all I would like to know the difference between these files.

And my second question is that how can I compute the union of several masks and combine them into a single mask. (I know that I should probably use 3dmask_tool but I don't know how)

Here is what I have done so far Based on this tutorial,. I checked uber_subject.py and I found that it automatically does the following task for each subject:

3dAutomask -dilate 1 -prefix rm.mask_r$run pb03.$subj.r$run.blur+orig

Now I don't know how to do these steps:

3dMean -datum short -prefix rm.mean rm.mask*.HEAD
3dcalc -a rm.mean+orig -expr 'ispositive(a-0)' -prefix full_mask.$subj

When I run the first command I get: 3dMean: No match..

Thank you very much for your time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2017 04:27AM by heretic133.
Subject Author Posted

Compute mask for several objects

heretic133 January 18, 2017 07:26PM

Re: Compute mask for several objects

rick reynolds January 23, 2017 03:19PM

Re: Compute mask for several objects

heretic133 January 26, 2017 04:16AM