AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 31, 2017 12:07PM
James,

> I'm still confused about whether it is justified to ignore any pre-stimulus anticipatory effects, which
> is what TENTzero seems to do. And yet, at least in my case the stats come out the same, it's really
> just a question of how the plotted responses look.

If you believe that anticipation effect may exist, go with TENT. If TENT(0, ...) is not good enough to catch longer anticipation, use a negative number such for the first parameter in TENT.

> Could you explain to me, more generally, why TENTzero exists? That is, what was the motivation for
> adding it to AFNI in the first place? If I understood that, perhaps I could answer my own questions.

If you don't expect any anticipation (nor stimulus timing errors) for your trials, use TENTzero. In other words, TENTzero is basically like the shape-fixed approach with GAM or BLOCK in terms of stimulus onset times with the assumption that BOLD response starts at the moment when each stimulus begins.

Gang
Subject Author Posted

TENT and TENTzero

jkeidel January 25, 2017 10:43AM

Re: TENT and TENTzero

gang January 25, 2017 02:36PM

jkeidel January 26, 2017 06:03AM

gang January 26, 2017 10:53AM

jkeidel January 30, 2017 12:20PM