AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 19, 2017 04:23PM
There is a slight error in 3dTproject -- not in the algorithm (as far as I know) but in the error message you got.

It says "235 retained time points" -- that is, the number left after censoring -- but 235 is the TOTAL number of time points, and 166 is the number left after censoring. But the comparison that produces the error is (correctly) between the number of regressors being removed from the data and the number of un-censored time points. Which are equal here -- which is bad. After the regression, there would be nothing left of the data. That is why the program stops.

I can't see the rest of your command that gave this, but I guess that you are doing bandpassing. That is where most of the regressors come from (I guess). You only have 2 options: (1) don't do bandpassing or at least leave a bigger pass band, or (2) don't use this subject, which had a lot of censoring.
Subject Author Posted

"Too many total number of fixed regressors" error in 3dTproject

yunhui February 18, 2017 11:55PM

Re: "Too many total number of fixed regressors" error in 3dTproject

Bob Cox February 19, 2017 04:23PM