AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 19, 2017 08:28PM
Hi. I'm new to AFNI and scripting, so forgive me if my query seems rather elementary. I am attempting to do a resting-state analysis and I'd like to execute some commands for each participant simultaneously, so as to avoid having to do them one by one which would be an enormous time investment (and tedious to boot). I have a dataset of masked peak ROIs for each participant and I am using this command to extract the time series from the mask peak for a particular ROI:

3dROIstats -1DRformat -quiet -mask *file name* > ... file.1D

My question is how do I execute this command for multiple participants simultaneously in AFNI, all of which lie in different folders but share the same parent folder, so that I get a 1D file for each participant? Also, I have a number of different ROIs (and masks) which I need to do this for, so can someone please suggest an efficient script which executes this command for certain participants and for a certain ROI?

After this, I will be correlating the 1D file extracted time series with every other voxel using '3dTcorr1D'. Again, I would like to do this for a certain set of participants simultaneously. Subsequently, I'll be converting this file into fisher's z and talaraich which I would again like to do simultaneously for multiple, select participants. Can someone please demonstrate how I can accomplish this? I'd really appreciate your help!

Thank you in advance,
Jen
Subject Author Posted

Creating a script to execute a command for multiple participants simultaneously

Jparso February 19, 2017 08:28PM

Re: Creating a script to execute a command for multiple participants simultaneously

Bob Cox February 20, 2017 11:05AM

Re: Creating a script to execute a command for multiple participants simultaneously

Jparso February 21, 2017 02:22PM

rick reynolds February 23, 2017 11:11AM

Bob Cox February 24, 2017 09:19AM

Jparso March 01, 2017 06:20PM