AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 01, 2017 05:54PM
Hello!

I have a question about running Dimon. I have two scans from a GE scanner, the first was collected sequentially, the second collected interleaved. No matter what I try with Dimon, it instructs to3d to run with "alt+z" tpattern. In the directory with the DICOM files, I've ran the following:

Dimon -infile_pattern "*.dcm" \
-dicom_org \
-gert_to3d_prefix testOutput \
-gert_outdir /path/to/DICOM/ \
-gert_filename testOutput.dimon \
-gert_create_dataset -gert_write_as_nifti

I've tried using both:
-sort_by_acq_time
and
-sp FROM_IMAGE

It chokes using the "-sp" call. Sorting by acq time has zero effect. I tried digging into the source code on github and it looks like it's using "0008,0032" (ID Acquisition Time) for the time, but that field is exactly the same in every DICOM in the series. Further, field "0021,105E" (RTIA_timer) would be a great second-check on the slice time but it often isn't set, or is set to 0, withing a run (a GE problem?).

Given that I have sequential and interleaved data, I would have thought Dimon would prescribe seq+z and alt+z respectively, but it looks to treat every file as interleaved. Is there a way (or a flag) to force Dimon to respect the slice timing?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

-Joel
Subject Author Posted

Dimon, always converted as interleaved (alt+z)

brussj March 01, 2017 05:54PM

Re: Dimon, always converted as interleaved (alt+z)

rick reynolds March 01, 2017 08:14PM

brussj March 08, 2017 06:17PM

rick reynolds March 11, 2017 09:50AM

brussj March 13, 2017 01:14PM

rick reynolds March 13, 2017 01:24PM