AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 21, 2020 06:58PM
Hello Gang,

I am working with Christine on these data and we have a question about how to interpret AM2 regressors that were put into a LME. I modified what you suggested above to modulate rt and confidence at the trial level, and accuracy at the group level in a LME.

1) Obtain the *overall* mean for each condition (Hour, Day, Week, Month) across all subjects for each of the two variables (Confidence, Response Time);
2) Subtract the *overall* mean for each condition (Hour, Day, Week, Month) from the original number for each variable within condition (Confidence, Response Time)
3) Create the four modulation (Hour, Day, Week, Month) regressors for each condition yourself by using the values from 2) (the reason for this step is that 3dDeconvolve automatically removes the within-subject mean when generating the modulation regressor) [I used 1dMarry to create the regressors]
4) Stick the regressors from 3) in 3dDeconvolve

Q1: Are three regressors made separately? 1) modulated activity 2) activity tracking rt 3) activity tracking confidence
Q2 Is it possible to run an F test on regressor 2 (i.e. activity that ONLY tracks rt) and 3 separately (i.e. activity that ONLY tracks confidence)

Q3: Does LME only use the 1) modulated activity regressors for F-tests? And is there a way to run an F test with regressors type 2 and 3 separately?

It becomes a bit tricky as I ran a LME with Percent Correct as a variable of interest based on a previous discussion we had: [afni.nimh.nih.gov]

>> 3dLME -prefix myOutput -jobs 8 \
-model "PerCorr" \
-qVars "PerrCorr" \
-ranEff '~1+PerrCorr' \

Q4: We are looking at subbrick #2, which is the Cond F-test with AM2 regressors. The significant clusters represent regions that do not track or change with behavior. Is this a correct interpretation?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2020 08:54PM by Catherine Tallman.
Subject Author Posted

controlling for covariates using amplitude modulated 3dDeconvolve or with 3dLME

Christine Smith March 23, 2017 01:32PM

Re: controlling for covariates using amplitude modulated 3dDeconvolve or with 3dLME

gang March 23, 2017 05:57PM

Re: controlling for covariates using amplitude modulated 3dDeconvolve or with 3dLME

Christine Smith March 27, 2017 05:12PM

gang March 27, 2017 05:48PM

Christine Smith March 27, 2017 07:28PM

Christine Smith March 28, 2017 01:32PM

gang March 28, 2017 01:51PM

Christine Smith March 28, 2017 02:21PM

Catherine Tallman February 21, 2020 06:58PM

gang February 24, 2020 11:08AM

Catherine Tallman March 31, 2020 06:51PM

gang April 01, 2020 03:41PM

Catherine Tallman April 03, 2020 07:20PM