AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 12, 2019 06:13AM
Hi!

I have been thinking about the scale block, which I have never used. As far as I understand, it should not affect the final statistical group maps of e.g. a task where we compare the beta values. But it would affect the averages of an ROI.

For resting state seed analysis, is it important to use the scale block? We would e.g. use a DMN seed, for each subject take the average time course from the errts time series and preform a regression for each subject on the errts data using the seed time series as a regressor to generate individual correlation maps which we then group compare by via a 3dttest++ using the correlation coefficients.

Would scale on/off make a difference in the final group result? Do you recommend using scale, or is it even a required?

Many thanks!
Subject Author Posted

Afni_proc.py: Scale block

Robin March 12, 2019 06:13AM

Re: Afni_proc.py: Scale block

rick reynolds March 13, 2019 09:16AM