AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 29, 2017 07:30AM
Thanks Bob. To be honest, I intended to add to that post that there was probably a way to do it in AFNI that I was just unaware of, but then I forgot to write that. It certainly didn't come as a surprise that AFNI was one step ahead of me.

In any case, since we're on a roll here, there is one other thing I was wondering about. It would be great to have a way to automatically mask the overlay on the basis of the underlay. As things stand, if I run a second-level analysis I wind up making two copies, one of the original analysis and one masked by the intersection mask of the normalized data of the participants. But I don't really need both these files. Ideally, there would be some way that the AFNI viewer could on-the-fly mask the overlay by something like the 3dAutomasked underlay resampled into the grid of the overlay. That way I could see all the blobs outside of the brain but if I wanted to not see them I could also do that, without making a new masked output file on disk (not that this is a big deal from a storage standpoint, it's just an extra step that I have to do for every analysis).

Anyway, maybe there is a way to do something like this that I am unaware of, but in any case I thought I'd mention it. Thanks a lot either way.

James
Subject Author Posted

Small feature idea

jkeidel July 28, 2017 08:28AM

Re: Small feature idea

Bob Cox July 28, 2017 12:26PM

jkeidel July 29, 2017 07:30AM

RWCox July 30, 2017 05:13PM

jkeidel July 31, 2017 06:17AM