AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 11, 2017 08:42PM
Dear AFNI experts,

I have a very basic question related to the gradient file. I’m going to use AFNI for probabilistic tractography and now I’m doing preprocessing of the datasets with TORTOISE V3.0.0. I have some very basic question related to the gradient file.
Two datasets with opposite phase encoding directions (blip_up and blip_down datasets) were collected. Each dataset in addition to b=1000 contains intermediate b-values (b=300 and b=500). In the tutorial page of TORTOISE toolbox it is noted that the gradients have to be scaled to the maximum b-value. I converted the DICOM images with dcm2nii, so that the gradients in the bvec files are of unit length for all b-values: g_x^2 +g_y^2 +g_z^2 =1.

Is it correct,that if the maximum b-value is 1000 then to represent images with b=300 one have to multiply g_x, g_y, g_z gradient components with
sqrt(b=300 / b=1000) ?

Best regrrds,
Maksym
Subject Author Posted

Question about gradient file

mtokarie September 11, 2017 08:42PM

Re: Question about gradient file

ptaylor September 11, 2017 11:03PM

mtokarie September 12, 2017 04:40AM

ptaylor September 12, 2017 07:56AM