AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 21, 2019 05:32PM
Dear AFNI experts,

My overall issue is that after running afni_proc, the registration between the T1 and the EPI images does not align well. Some chunks of the brain are not captured. Also for some subjects the EPI image is shifted upwards outside of the T1 space (pictures attached).

The functional data is oblique. Originally I ran afni_proc without addressing this and the registration looked worse than when I deobliqued it. I tried deoblique-ing the raw data before running afni_proc and also adding in -align_ops_aea -deoblique on. The registration looked better when I deobliqued it before running afni_proc than when I added it to the align options. Is it alright to do deoblique before afni_proc or will it affect the data processing?

Do you have any other recommendations on ways to improve the registration? I used align_epi_anat.py to try the different combinations of cost functions/moves. Below is the afni_proc call I am using.

afni_proc.py -subj_id ${subject} \
-out_dir ${subject}.deob \
-script proc.${subject} -scr_overwrite \
-blocks despike tshift align volreg \
-align_opts_aea -giant_move -cost lpc+zz \
-anat_has_skull no \ ##### images were skull-stripped using FSL BET
-despike_opts_3dDes -ignore 2 \
-copy_anat Anat/bet_anat.nii.gz \
-dsets deob_run?+orig.HEAD \
-tcat_remove_first_trs 2 \
-volreg_align_to MIN_OUTLIER \
-volreg_align_e2a \