AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 21, 2018 04:58PM
Hi Bob,
I was looking at bilinear for eddy current correction to test against affine to see if it was much better or not. I ran into a strange problem. I ran the following:
ind=0
while [ $ind -le 60 ]
do
3dAllineate -base B0ref_resamp.nii.gz -source dwi.nii[$ind] -master BASE -prefix eddy_${ind}.nii -1Dmatrix_save dwi_${ind}.aff12.1D -1Dparam_save dwi_${ind}.param.1D -nwarp_save warp_${ind}.nii.gz -warp aff -nwarp bilinear

ind=$((ind+1))

done

NOTE:B0ref_resamp.nii.gz is a higher resolution (1.5mm iso) than the dwi set (2mm iso). I also have B0ref.nii.gz which is the same resolution as dwi (2mm).

When I use 3dAllineate -1Dparam_apply dwi_0.param.1D -nwarp bilinear -master B0ref.nii.gz -source dwi.nii[0] -prefix dwi.eddy.0_test.nii it looks perfect.

When I use 3dNwarpApply it looks very zoomed in compared to the original reference image and cuts the brain off:
3dNwarpApply -nwarp 'warp_0.nii.gz' -master B0ref.nii -source dwi.nii[0] -prefix dwi.eddy.0.nii

When I tried combining affine+nonlinear again the image looks zoomed in. Is there something that is wrong that I should change to get nwarp to work correctly? I also tried adding IDENT(B0ref.nii.gz) before and after the original try of using warp_0.nii.gz to see if resampling helps and it does not....any ideas?

I would eventually like to combine the bilinear warp field with a warp to MNI which is why I want to figure out how to use the nwarp option in 3dNwarpApply.

Thanks,
Ajay

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2018 05:17PM by AjaySK.
Subject Author Posted

Combining transforms 3dAllineate -nwarp (bilinear) and 3dQwarp

AjaySK January 04, 2018 12:05PM

Re: Combining transforms 3dAllineate -nwarp (bilinear) and 3dQwarp

AjaySK January 24, 2018 06:02PM

Bob Cox January 25, 2018 08:54AM

AjaySK March 21, 2018 04:58PM

RWCox March 21, 2018 05:26PM