AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
March 22, 2018 02:10PM
Hi Bob,
When using B0ref.nii as the base and B0vols.nii[0] as the source (all same resolution), I assumed that this would potentially mitigate any underlying issues of the 3dAllineate -nwarp bilinear warp field being created from different resolution datasets being off.

Interestingly, when I used 3dNwarpApply on the resulting warp field the image looked correct except that it was shifted in the Z direction by 1.5*(Zvox resolution). In my case since the voxel size in the Z direction is 2mm I used the following commands to fix the error:

1) Create the warpfield:
3dAllineate -base B0ref.nii.gz -source 'B0vols.nii[0]' -master BASE -prefix eddy_1.nii -1Dmatrix_save dwi_1.aff12.1D -1Dparam_save dwi_1.param.1D -nwarp_save warp_1.nii.gz -warp aff -nwarp bilinear

2) Extract the X and Y component of the warp field which seem correct:
3dcalc -a warp_1.nii.gz[0..1] -datum float -prefix warp_1a.nii.gz -expr 'a'

3) Fix the Z component of the warp field which is off by 3mm in this case (or generalized to 1.5*Zvoxsize)
3dcalc -a warp_1.nii.gz[2] -datum float -prefix warp_1b.nii.gz -expr 'a+3'

4) Concatenate the new field
3dTcat -prefix warp_2.nii.gz warp_1a.nii.gz warp_1b.nii.gz

5) Apply warp
3dNwarpApply -master B0ref.nii.gz -source B0vols.nii[0] -prefix 3dNwarp.nii -nwarp "warp_2.nii.gz"

The scaling is still an issue with different resolution between base/source, but when matched this seems to work....I am going to be running a few datasets with different resolutions in case the 1.5*Zvox was somehow a fluke and will follow up if this is not the case. Hope this helps.

Best,
Ajay
Subject Author Posted

Combining transforms 3dAllineate -nwarp (bilinear) and 3dQwarp

AjaySK January 04, 2018 12:05PM

Re: Combining transforms 3dAllineate -nwarp (bilinear) and 3dQwarp

AjaySK January 24, 2018 06:02PM

Bob Cox January 25, 2018 08:54AM

AjaySK March 21, 2018 04:58PM