AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 08, 2018 03:42PM
I've seen this happen a couple times, and don't know what it is. I have only seen it when using a networked filesystem, so it is possible that there is something that can happen there -- a timeout when the filesystem is busy?

The program can proceed because the minmax.1D files are a side-calculation to compute the single-voxel threshold that would give a 5% (say) false positive rate, globally. I only put this feature in there because someone (whose initials are TN) asked for this -- and as far as I know, never used it. If it fails to read the minmax.1D files, it just skips this calculation and goes on to the main Clustsim work.

To be clear, the threshold computed this way (if it had actually worked) would be the z-statistic to threshold per-voxel such that there would be a 5% chance of ANY false positive voxel inside the brain mask. This value is somewhat below that which you would get from applying the Bonferroni correction -- choosing a per-voxel z threshold such that the corresponding per-voxel p-value is 0.05/Number_of_brain_voxels. The threshold this way is still very strict, and so probably not useful unless you really ARE interested in single voxel results -- and have really good data.
Subject Author Posted

3dttest++ -Clustsim complains it can't read *minmax.1D, but continues happily

Matteo Visconti dOC February 08, 2018 11:44AM

Re: 3dttest++ -Clustsim complains it can't read *minmax.1D, but continues happily

Bob Cox February 08, 2018 03:42PM

Re: 3dttest++ -Clustsim complains it can't read *minmax.1D, but continues happily

Matteo Visconti dOC February 08, 2018 05:05PM