AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 14, 2018 03:57PM
Hi Gang - quick (hah!) question:

I have a complex task that I am calculating gPPI on 2 conditions, with the following event of interest structure:

ConditionA
initiation
outcome1
outcome2

ConditionB
initiation
outcome1
outcome2

At the individual level, I am calculating seed to whole brain gPPI and I have 8 a priori regions of interest that I'd like to use your new Bayesian ROI group method. My question is: Which stats should I enter into the group analysis?

Should I use the PPIinteraction>baseline effects, or should I do post hoc t-tests (say, 'SYM: +initiationA -initiationB')? These are the tests I'm interested in running for each ROI:

+initiationA -initiationB
+outcome1A +outcome2A -outcome1B -outcome2B (main effect of condition)
+outcome1A -outcome2A +outcome1B -outcome2B (main effect of reply type)
+outcome1A -outcome2A -outcome1B +outcome2B (interaction)
+outcome1A -outcome2A
+outcome1A -outcome1B
+outcome2A -outcome2B

So, for each participant, I would like to have each of those contrasts within each ROI. For each event, I could extract the mean Z value for eventPPI>baseline or I can extract the mean Z from the post hoc t-tests. Do you know which would be better?

Also, just a heads up, I have two groups. So I'm also interested in the effect of group on the above tests as well and, to make it even more complicated, I'd like to add a continuous (e.g., age) or interval (e.g., likert-type scale) variable as well.

This seems like a good fit for your bayes multilevel model, but in that paper it only looks like you use one group and one effect. I always seem to be making your new analyses much more complicated smiling smiley

Also, related question: for a voxelwise group PPI analysis would you recommend I take the PPI>baseline or individual level contrasts to the group level. With the PPI>baseline then I'd have a lot of repeated measures and I should probably use 3dLME, whereas with the contrasts I could probably get away with 3dMEMA.

Thanks!!

Dustin
Subject Author Posted

BayesianGroupAna and gPPI question

dmoracze May 14, 2018 03:57PM

Re: BayesianGroupAna and gPPI question

gang May 14, 2018 04:55PM

dmoracze August 14, 2018 11:04AM

gang August 14, 2018 05:07PM