AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 18, 2018 11:15AM
Hi AFNI team,

I have a unique issue and I was wondering if I could have some guidance with how to approach it with AFNI's tools.
I am trying to create a probabilistic atlas of certain sulci I am interested in, and have been able to create NIFTI files with each subject's binary representation of the sulci (i.e. the location of the sulci have a voxel value of 1). From here, the next step would be to add all the subject's sulci maps together so that the resulting map (the addition of the binary images) is a heat map with greatest intensity where the sulci are most prominent. The subjects were all normalized and the sulci should be in the same space, however the program I am using (BrainVISA morphologist) will output each subject's sulci map with slightly different dimensions (e.g. 161x198x161 versus 162x200x158). I'm not sure why the program does this (possibly it restricts the image to just where the sulci are, so the dimensions are reflective of subject specific extents of sulci), but as you can imagine, this makes this heat-map/addition procedure much more complicated. Sulci maps are not too informative relative to full structural T1 scans, so affine transformations and registering each sulci map to a reference image may create issues. Any suggestions on how I may approach this issue while retaining an accurate resulting heat map would be greatly appreciated and will be of great help to my project.

Best,
Will Snyder
Subject Author Posted

Adding sulci images

willsnyder June 18, 2018 11:15AM

Re: Adding sulci images

ptaylor June 18, 2018 12:31PM