AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
June 19, 2018 09:39AM
Hey folks,

I am seeing some strange behavior in InstaCorr. Specifically it appears that it is refusing to use the selected dataset. For background, I am doing some testing with AFNI output, specifically, the pb06* blurred data. I convert it to .nii format (3dAFNItoNIFTI), process it through a toolbox (rapidtide), which produces a nifti output. Interestingly the identifier codes (from 3dinfo) are identical between the processed data and the original dataset - perhaps this is the important detail...

The nifti output can be opened in AFNI, the timesteps are correct, and the data still resembles a brain. However, if I attempt to perform instacorr on this dataset (filtered.nii) AFNI will do one of two things. If the original pb06*blur*nii file remains in the folder, InstaCorr will quietly use that data, despite it not being selected. This can be seen in the terminal window, which states that it is processing the pb06*blur data, even while the InstaCorr window shows that the filtered data is selected.

The other outcome, if I have isolated the filtered.nii data into a separate folder, is InstaCorr pops up an error window, stating that the 'Start' value is too large. I did not enter a start value. The error is the same even if I enter a start value of 0.

Is it possible that the identical identifiers are confusing AFNI?
Subject Author Posted

InstaCorr not using selected dataset, strange behavior

dowdlelt June 19, 2018 09:39AM

Re: InstaCorr not using selected dataset, strange behavior

dowdlelt June 19, 2018 10:05AM

Re: InstaCorr not using selected dataset, strange behavior

rick reynolds June 21, 2018 09:31AM