AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 10, 2018 06:03PM
Hi,

I am trying to run 3dDeconvolve with the tent functions. I ran an event related design with a stimulus presentation time of 3 s and an inter stimulus interval of 1 s. My TR is 2.5 and i chose tent (0,12,6). I get the warning:

ESC[7m*+ WARNING:ESC[0m -stim_times 1 .. TENT(0,12,6) has inter-knot TR=2.4 but -iresp output TR=2.5
++ ** GUESSED ** -stim_times 1 using LOCAL times
ESC[7m*+ WARNING:ESC[0m -stim_times 2 .. TENT(0,12,6) has inter-knot TR=2.4 but -iresp output TR=2.5
++ ** GUESSED ** -stim_times 2 using LOCAL times

Is this a problem for my analysis? And would it be better to change the expected response duration to 13, so that I end up with a slightly higher inter-knot time (than my TR) of 2.6 instead?
It is not clear to me based on what criteria I should chose the expected response duration and the number of tent functions. What would be the perfect parameters for the tent functions in this case?

Thank you very much
Carolin
Subject Author Posted

Question regarding warning in 3dDeconvolve

carolin31 July 10, 2018 06:03PM

Re: Question regarding warning in 3dDeconvolve

rick reynolds July 14, 2018 10:50PM