AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 14, 2020 06:03PM
Dear AFNI expert,

I am trying to coregistrate fMRI images to their anatomical and then to a Template for another species (mouse lemur) and with afni_proc.py

To do so, I applied the exact same script as described here for macaques:
[afni.nimh.nih.gov]

I am using a template that we published:
[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

In order to use the script and afni_proc.py, I had to change the template space name to NMT but I guess that is why it didn't work.
3drefit -space NMT template.nii.gz

Indeed, with afni_proc.py the registration of the EPI to the template went to the end but the result of the following command was totally wrong:

Here are the movement parameters of @animal_warper applied to the EPI in afni_proc.py
3dNwarpApply -master brain_warp2std_nsu+tlrc -dxyz 2      \
             -source pb01.20171018_115312_MD1704_Mc208CBF_P02_1_1.r01.tshift+orig                    \
             -nwarp "anatT1_deob_shft_WARP.nii.gz                    \
             mat.r01.warp.aff12.1D"                                \
             -prefix rm.epi.nomask.r01

Note that the anat was well coregistrated to the template (within the MNI space) with @animal_warper.

I guess that I don't really understand what were the consequences of manipulating the space of the template.

That's why I would like to know what is the best way to work with a new template in afni_proc.py?

Thank you in advance,
Clément

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2020 09:06AM by Doughboys.
Subject Author Posted

standardize/utilize a kinds of space names

Doughboys April 14, 2020 06:03PM

Re: standardize/utilize a kinds of space names

Daniel Glen April 14, 2020 11:28PM