AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 07, 2018 01:22PM
Hello!

I am trying to do a basic contrast between conditions during a localizer run and am having some issues. I originally ran the following 3ddeconvolve line where my input file was preprocessed to pb03. After, I didn't find many significant clusters, so I thought I would try with a pb05 input file. I ended up finding (for multiple subjects) that my two GLT contrasts were producing the same exact clusters with the same coordinates when I ran it with the pb05 data. The pb05 clusters actually match the pb03 clusters for the animate-inanimate contrast as well. The only one that differs from the others is pb03's word contrast. I checked the .1D timing files and they all have different times (ex. 40.65 49.71). I am just trying to figure out how this would even be possible if the input times are different between conditions? I am hoping there is something obvious here I am overlooking?

3dDeconvolve -force_TR 2.25 -input functional_loc_ns+orig.HEAD -polort A \
-num_stimts 9 -basis_normall 1 -float -local_times \
-stim_times 1 TimesAnimals.1D 'BLOCK(4.5,1)' \
-stim_label 1 Animate \
-stim_times 2 TimesObjects.1D 'BLOCK(4.5,1)' \
-stim_label 2 Inanimate\
-stim_times 3 TimesNonword.1D 'BLOCK(4.5,1)' \
-stim_label 3 Nonword\
-stim_file 4 'dfile.rall.loc.1D[0]' -stim_base 4 -stim_label 4 roll \
-stim_file 5 'dfile.rall.loc.1D[1]' -stim_base 5 -stim_label 5 pitch \
-stim_file 6 'dfile.rall.loc.1D[2]' -stim_base 6 -stim_label 6 yaw \
-stim_file 7 'dfile.rall.loc.1D[3]' -stim_base 7 -stim_label 7 dS \
-stim_file 8 'dfile.rall.loc.1D[4]' -stim_base 8 -stim_label 8 dL \
-stim_file 9 'dfile.rall.loc.1D[5]' -stim_base 9 -stim_label 9 dP \
-gltsym 'SYM: Animate - Inanimate' \
-glt_label 1 AnimateMinInanimate \
-gltsym 'SYM: .5*Animate +.5*Inanimate -Nonword' \
-glt_label 2 WordMinNonword \
-tout -fout -bucket loc_decon

I did get these warnings:
*+ WARNING: Smallest FDR q [11 AnimateMinInanimate_GLT#0_Tstat] = 0.108797 ==> few true single voxel detections
*+ WARNING: Smallest FDR q [12 AnimateMinInanimate_GLT_Fstat] = 0.108793 ==> few true single voxel detections

Please let me know if there is another piece of information that would be useful here...

Thank you!
Heather
Subject Author Posted

3ddeconvolve - different contrasts, same clusters

heatherb August 07, 2018 01:22PM