AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 13, 2018 11:14PM
Dear rick,

Thanks for your immediately reply, I get the difference between 3drefit and 3dresample, but get confused by "leaves the brain in the same location in space, but changes it on disk", could you explain further?

As I known, there are four attributes in afni related to orientation:
1.the -orientation option showed by 3dinfo
2.R-L extent ... option showed by 3dinfo
3.the upper left corner of afni GUI, with RAI and SPM LPI option
4.the actual orientation they are stored

To my understanding, the -orientation in the header is the actual orientation they are stored, while R-L extent .... is the same preference as the upper left corner orientation option in afni GUI, is this right?

if not, what's the difference of these four attributes? could you show some details?

Best wishes,
Peng
Subject Author Posted

The confusing output of orientation from 3dinfo

Peng Ren August 29, 2018 10:13PM

Re: The confusing output of orientation from 3dinfo

ptaylor August 29, 2018 10:43PM

Peng Ren September 07, 2018 05:44AM

rick reynolds September 07, 2018 09:34AM