AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 12, 2018 04:04PM
Hello,

I am working with a data set in which the raw epi data are in 4-dimensional nifti files and the t1 data in 3d nifti files. I have two sets of questions regarding what AFNI thinks about these nifti files:

1)
I decided to first change these to BRIK/HEAD files before running them through afni_proc. When doing so, the epi files were put given the “+tlrc” tag, whereas the t1 files were given the “+orig” tag. Because both are raw files, these should both be in original space (+orig). If I try to run the nifti files directly through the afni_proc script, AFNI also believes these epi files are in Talaraich space.

Is it possible that afni falsely put the epi files into Talaraich space? If so, I know that I can use “3drefit” to force AFNI to attribute these files as in original space. Or, was there some transformation on these files of which I am not aware?

2)
If I do go ahead and do 3drefit and run the afni_proc script, during 3dTshift I receive a warning which says that my dataset is already aligned in time (see error message below). If this is raw data, why may I receive this warning message?

—-
++ Output dataset ./pb01.337.r01.despike+orig.BRIK
end
foreach run ( 01 )
3dTshift -tzero 0 -quintic -prefix pb02.337.r01.tshift pb01.337.r01.despike+orig
++ 3dTshift: AFNI version=AFNI_18.2.06 (Jul 31 2018) [64-bit]
*+ WARNING: dataset is already aligned in time!
*+ WARNING: ==>> output dataset is just a copy of input dataset
Subject Author Posted

NII to BRIK questions

Nathan Petro September 12, 2018 04:04PM

Re: NII to BRIK questions

rick reynolds September 13, 2018 09:13AM

jiaxin September 15, 2018 03:38AM

jiaxin September 15, 2018 09:33AM

Peter Molfese September 13, 2018 10:10AM