AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 20, 2018 12:41PM
Hello all!

My name is Michael and I'm a new AFNI user. I've tried to search for some literature from AFNI regarding the use of AM2 for stim_types and understanding the output of AM2. I know that using AM2 gives you 2 regressors per condition (Beta for mean, and Beta for amplitude modulation), but I'm still unsure as to the statistical results of it.

My question is: When viewing F-stats for a single condition, what exactly do those stats mean (how are the mean & modulation regressors interpreted together)?

Also, if there's any literature you can direct me to for understanding the F-stats it would be much appreciated!
Subject Author Posted

Help Understanding F-tests using AM2

m.houston81 September 20, 2018 12:41PM

Re: Help Understanding F-tests using AM2

gang September 20, 2018 03:37PM

Re: Help Understanding F-tests using AM2

m.houston81 October 02, 2018 09:26PM