AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 18, 2018 01:54PM
Hello

I have a rapid event-related design and the duration of my trials are variable. My plan is to run 3ddeconvolve on each individual trial so I can run MVPA. As I was reading over the 3ddeconvolve options, it seemed to me that the recommended options would be to use 'dmUBLOCK(1)' with -stim_times_AM2. My confusion is simple (I hope). I don't really understand what I am meant to be using as my amplitude modulation. I can't think of what I would be wanting to use other than duration, which feels redundant since I am already providing the event duration in the 1D file after a colon. I know I shouldn't use AM1, and I know to provide no modulation simply returns the script to using AM1 defaults, so I am stuck. Below is a sample of a command I might run in this example:

3dDeconvolve -force_TR 2.8 -input pb03.sub114.r02.empty+orig.HEAD -polort A -stim_times_millisec -num_stimts 1 -basis_normall 1 -float -local_times -stim_times_AM2 1 sub114_run2_trial1.1D 'dmUBLOCK(1)' -stim_label 1 trial1 -tout -fout -bucket 1_DeconResult

Thank you,
Heather
Subject Author Posted

3ddeconvolve with AM2

heatherb October 18, 2018 01:54PM

Re: 3ddeconvolve with AM2

heatherb October 18, 2018 02:28PM

gang October 21, 2018 06:49PM

heatherb October 22, 2018 03:53PM