AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
December 13, 2018 11:11AM
Good morning,

I am new to using AFNI (I've mostly used SPM). My background is mainly in resting-state fMRI doing ALFF and functional connectivity analyses of schizophrenia patients and healthy controls. To get familiar with AFNI, I am trying to do some simple analyses of seed-to-voxel connectivity in 100 schizophrenia patients and 111 controls. I preprocessed the data, and have performed the initial analyses at the single subject level to obtain seed-to-voxel correlation maps for each subject (1. computing and extracting average fMRI time series from the seed using 3dmaskave, 2. generated the correlation map from the seed time series using 3dTcorr1D and then 3. performed R-->Z transform using 3dcalc -expr atanh).

As a first analysis, I would like to explore patient vs. control differences in seed-to-voxel connectivity. In a second analysis, I would like to perform a regression on the seed-to-voxel correlation maps for the 100 schizophrenia subjects, exploring the impact of 3 behavioral factors: visual hallucination severity, auditory hallucination severity, and also model their interaction (visual severity*auditory severity).

Is 3dttest a good option for the group (patients vs. controls) analysis? Is 3dMEMA a good option for regression analysis in schizophrenia patients? I attended the AFNI workshop in October but we did not get a chance to do much interactive sessions with group analyses, so I thought I would verify that these are the best programs for the analyses I want to perform.

Thanks for your input,

Stephanie
Subject Author Posted

Group analysis 3dttest 3dMEMA

share34 December 13, 2018 11:11AM

Re: Group analysis 3dttest 3dMEMA

gang December 17, 2018 03:14PM