AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
October 12, 2020 01:06PM
Dear AFNI experts,

I am processing resting-state data with a script with slight modifications to the one generated by Example 11 from afni_proc.py.
Just for a recap, this pipeline uses, Freesurfer outputs of the T1 and ANATICOR. It doesn't include band-pass filtering but I have added that myself to the pipeline.

I have a few questions related to this pipeline and I was hoping AFNI experts could help me with those.

1. One step that I add at the end of the pipeline is that I take certain number of PCA components (say 1, 3 or 5) of the white-matter signal and regress them out of the final residual time-series. My idea is that if the white-matter noise has been taken care of by ANATICOR, then these regressors should not change the time-series, and the resulting connectomes too much. It turns out that the resulting connectomes change, sometime quite a lot. I have attached a scatter plot between connectomes to illustrate this point.
I guess my question is: should this be happening? and also, can we think of ANATICOR and regressing out PCA components of the white-matter signal as complimentary processes, where they can both help with denoising?

2. When computing enorm from the motion parameters, should we worry about the fact that three of the parameters are linear displacements, while the other three are angular? Should we somehow convert the angular parameters into linear parameters before computing something like enorm or FD?

3. My EPI dataset has an isotropic resolution of 4x4x4 mm3. What would you recommend as a suitable radius for the localized ANATICOR regressors?

Thanks for this amazing pipeline and I love the QC html that is generated at the end.

Kausar
Attachments:
open | download - rest_fig3.png (1.48 MB)
open | download - rest_fig4.png (193.9 KB)
Subject Author Posted

ANATICOR, WM and motion regressors Attachments

kausar October 12, 2020 01:06PM

Re: ANATICOR, WM and motion regressors

kausar October 15, 2020 07:53PM

ptaylor October 15, 2020 09:00PM

Re: ANATICOR, WM and motion regressors Attachments

kausar October 15, 2020 11:05PM

rick reynolds October 16, 2020 03:16PM