AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 07, 2019 02:18PM
HI Afni experts,

I have multiband rs-fMRI data, acquired on a Seimens scanner, with TR=0.681s with 870 time points. This acquisition exactly follows the ADNI3 acquisition protocols.

Here is what I have started with for processing:

afni_proc.py -subj_id $line -dsets /data/data05/Studies/MCSA/RAW/MRI/$line/$RSN -copy_anat /data/data05/Studies/MCSA/RAW/MRI/$line/$T1 -blocks despike align volreg mask regress -tcat_remove_first_trs 10 -volreg_align_e2a -mask_apply epi -mask_segment_anat yes -mask_segment_erode yes -regress_apply_mot_types demean deriv -regress_run_clustsim yes -regress_est_blur_errts

3dresample -master errts.$line.tproject+orig -prefix DKT_resample -input /data/data05/melissa/MCSA_processing/t1_preproc/$line/freesurfer_DKT.nii
@MakeLabelTable -lab_file ../DKT.txt 1 0 -labeltable sub.niml.lt -dset DKT_resample+orig
3dcalc -a DKT_resample+orig -expr 'step(a)' -prefix DKT_mask
3dcalc -a errts.$line.tproject+orig -b DKT_mask+orig -expr 'a*b' -prefix errts_DKT_fs
3dNetCorr -prefix netcorr -mask mask_GM_resam+orig.BRIK -ts_out -fish_z -inset errts_DKT_fs+orig -in_rois DKT_resample+orig -output_mask_nonnull -push_thru_many_zeros -ts_wb_corr -ts_wb_strlabel
fat_mat_sel.py -m netcorr_000.netcc -P "FZ" --A_plotmin=0.27 --B_plotmax=1 --Tight_layout_on --dpi_file=75 -L 2 -d 300 -S 2

Can you please validate, if I am missing an important step in the preprocessing.
I am running the above script on my Alzheimer's dataset.
We have a few followup scans. The resting state connectivity in the old acquisition with TR = 2s and 150 time-points was very low than what I see for the same patient in the new scans described above. For the comparison purpose, I preprocessed both the scans with the exact same pipeline.
I see very high correlations across the entire brain in the multiband acquisition but following the same connectivity pattern as in the old acquisition.
Any suggestions from experience?"

Naveed

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2019 07:53PM by Naveed.
Subject Author Posted

Suggestions for multiband processing with afni_proc.py

Naveed February 07, 2019 02:18PM

Re: validation of preprocessing script for functional connectivity

ptaylor February 11, 2019 06:55PM

Re: Suggestions for multiband processing with afni_proc.py

Naveed February 12, 2019 01:20PM

Naveed February 15, 2019 10:46AM

rick reynolds February 21, 2019 09:47AM