AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 15, 2019 03:33PM
Hi AFNI experts,
I am running into an issue for applying some transforms. I have a T1 brain which I have rigidly aligned to my EPI scan (tx_1.1D) with the cmass flag in 3dAllineate. I have that same T1 brain also rigidly aligned to the MNI template for AC-PC alignment (tx_2.1D) using -cmass. I use cat_matvec to combine the transforms as follows:

cat_matvec tx_1.1D -I > tx_1_inv.1D
cat_matvec tx_1_inv.1D tx_2.1D > tx_EPItoACPC.1D

If I apply this transform using 3dAllineate to the T1 image (aligned to EPI after tx_1) it looks correct for APCP alignment with MNI template:
3dAllineate -base tpl.nii -source T1toEPI.nii -1Dmatrix_apply tx_EPItoACPC.1D

When I apply the same transform to the EPI scan it looks fairly shifted in the saggital plane by 15mm or so and also below the template by several millimeters.

1) Does the matrix coming from 3dAllineate take into account the initial cmass operation?
2) Could any of this be related to the fact that my T1 is 0.8mm iso while the EPI resolution is 2mm iso?

I also tried a few things with 3dNwarpApply

3dNwarpApply -nwarp 'IDENT(EPI.nii) tx_EPItoACPC.1D'
3dNwarpApply -nwarp 'IDENT(EPI.nii) tx_1_inv.1D IDENT(T1.brain.nii) tx_2.1D'

and a few other combinations but no success.

If I run it in two stages it works fine:

3dAllineate -1Dmatrix_apply tx_1_inv.1D -source EPI.nii -base T1.brain.nii -prefix temp1.nii
3dAllineate -1Dmatrix_apply tx_2.1D -source temp1.nii -base tpl.nii -prefix EPItotpl.nii

Any help for how to concatenate the warps properly would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ajay
Subject Author Posted

3dNwarpApply or 3dAllineate with affine transforms for different grid sizes

AjaySK February 15, 2019 03:33PM

Re: 3dNwarpApply or 3dAllineate with affine transforms for different grid sizes

Daniel Glen February 15, 2019 04:23PM

AjaySK February 17, 2019 03:56PM

Daniel Glen February 19, 2019 12:13PM