AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
Dan
February 19, 2019 01:46AM
Hi,

I am confused on how to setup the afni_proc.py script to analyze my fMRI task about listening to story. In my experiment, the subjects are instructed to listen to two four-minute stories(one story, one run), and I want to make the correlation of two runs. But I encountered some problems in afni_proc.py script. This is my script:

afni_proc.py -subj_id sub9.c.demean.blur6 \
-dsets s9.1+orig.HEAD s9.4+orig.HEAD \
-blocks despike tshift align tlrc volreg blur mask scale regress \
-copy_anat anat+orig \
-align_opts_aea -deoblique on -cost lpc+ZZ \
-tlrc_base TT_N27+tlrc \
-volreg_align_to MIN_OUTLIER \
-volreg_align_e2a \
-volreg_tlrc_warp \
-blur_size 6.0 \
-regress_censor_motion 0.2 \
-regress_censor_outliers 0.1 \
-regress_motion_per_run \
-regress_apply_mot_types demean deriv \
-regress_est_blur_epits \
-regress_est_blur_errts \
-execute

I have two questions for your guidance:

First, in" -regress_censor_motion 0.2" and "regress_censor_outliers 0.1". in my experiment, I'm not sure whether I should use the censor in the afni_proc.py, because the censor out TR value is 0, This may affect voxel-by-voxel correlation.

Second, in" -regress_apply_mot_types ", I saw three options in the afni website," -regress_apply_mot_types basic", " -regress_apply_mot_types demean deriv " and " -regress_apply_mot_types deriv " . I've tried each of the three options and found they were different, I'm not sure which option to choose. My colleague gave me some advice, but we didn't reach a consistent result. So could someone give me a reasonable suggestion?

thanks a lot,
Dan
Subject Author Posted

the problem about“cnesor”and “regress_apply_mot_types”in afni_proc.py

Dan February 19, 2019 01:46AM

Re: the problem about“cnesor”and “regress_apply_mot_types”in afni_proc.py

rick reynolds February 19, 2019 09:36AM

Re: the problem about“cnesor”and “regress_apply_mot_types”in afni_proc.py Attachments

Dan February 19, 2019 10:32PM

rick reynolds February 21, 2019 10:03AM

Dan February 22, 2019 09:16AM