AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 17, 2019 01:08PM
Hi, Stef-

The motion censoring criterion is based on the enorm (Euclidean norm) of the motion parameter values; that is calculated using volume-to-volume changes (the derivative of each motion parameter time series), so that I don't think one fixed movement between scans should result in a huge amount of censoring (assuming that that displacement wouldn't lead to large outlier values for the "outlier frac" censoring criterion, which I doubt it would.

The afni_proc.py quality control (APQC) HTML output should show you where the censoring occurs in time-- you can see if it is where video clips are "glued together" or not.

If you look at the volumes in the AFNI GUI, can you see noticeable motion within a video clip's duration?

I don't think detrending separate from the rest of the regression model would be recommendable

--pt
Subject Author Posted

Preprocessing for intersubject correlation

s.meliss April 11, 2019 05:18AM

Re: Preprocessing for intersubject correlation

ptaylor April 12, 2019 03:04PM

s.meliss April 23, 2019 09:25AM

s.meliss July 17, 2019 12:30PM

ptaylor July 17, 2019 01:08PM