AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 16, 2019 11:57AM
Hello,

I am planning on running a group analysis to determine whether there is greater BOLD activation in group A vs group B for different trial types. I plan to fit a GLM to get beta weights for each subject for the following contrasts: 1. trial 1 vs rest, 2. trial 2 vs rest, 3. trial 1 vs trial 2. Then I plan to test the group differences with 3dttest++ to see whether the main hypothesis that there are greater beta values for contrast 2 in group A compared to group B. My questions are as follows:

1. Is any thresholding applied to the first level analysis (besides potentially brain masking) or are all Beta values from an individual subject input into the second level analysis?
2. Is this thresholding procedure the same for most software packages or unique to afni?
3. Finally are the group labels permuted with the -clustsim option or something else (I saw previous posts mention the contrast weights were flipped but I wasn't sure what this means or if this was the current method)?

Thanks for the help!
James
Subject Author Posted

Group analysis with permutation tests

stieg030 April 16, 2019 11:57AM