AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
January 18, 2021 04:33PM
Good afternoon,

I have been getting this error message when I run the afni_system_check command:

------------------------------ python libs -------------------------------
++ module loaded: PyQt4
   module file : /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt4/__init__.pyc

** failed to load module matplotlib.pyplot
-- matplotlib.pyplot is not required, but is desirable

-- python binaries under /usr/local/bin:
    /usr/local/bin/python3 (sym link to /usr/local/Cellar/python@3.8/3.8.5/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/bin/python3.8)
    /usr/local/bin/python3.8 (sym link to /usr/local/Cellar/python@3.8/3.8.5/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/bin/python3.8)

I eventually figured out that a python 2.7 vs. 3.8 issue was at play, so I followed your advice to install Miniconda to better manage the multiple python versions on my system. This solved the problem beautifully, and when I ran the afni_system_check, I got the following message:

------------------------------ python libs -------------------------------
++ module loaded: PyQt4
   module file : /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PyQt4/__init__.pyc

++ module loaded: matplotlib.pyplot
   module file : /Users/achoe2/miniconda3/envs/py27_afni_tiny/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/pyplot.pyc

-- python binaries under /usr/local/bin:
    /usr/local/bin/python3 (sym link to /usr/local/Cellar/python@3.8/3.8.5/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/bin/python3.8)
    /usr/local/bin/python3.8 (sym link to /usr/local/Cellar/python@3.8/3.8.5/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/bin/python3.8)

I was pretty happy about this, until… I tried to run my AP scripts, which, unfortunately are all tcsh scripts – and as far as I can tell, conda doesn’t run on tcsh.

So at this point, I’m hoping that you could tell me that I am totally wrong, conda can be run using tcsh shell. But if this is not the case, would you please recommend how I should proceed? My bash shell scripting skills are quite minimal, and all the example scripts from the AFNI tutorials are tcsh scripts.

Sincerely,
Ann
Subject Author Posted

tcsh vs. Miniconda

annschoe January 18, 2021 04:33PM

Re: tcsh vs. Miniconda

ptaylor January 18, 2021 08:25PM

annschoe January 18, 2021 11:59PM

ptaylor January 19, 2021 09:09AM