AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
February 23, 2021 05:12AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I am using 3dTproject to do nuisance regression to my data. We are using the -censor option to mitigate the effect of outliers time points. Sometimes, I have got the following error:

ERROR_message "run #%d has only %d points after censoring need at least %d;

After a few tests I found that the program shows this error when the censor file have more than 25.9 % of time points to censor. Does the program has a established percent limit of time point to censor? In my case I have this error every time the outliers exceeds 25.9%.
I was looking at the code in GitHub just to understand what is happening and I found that there is a conditional which counts un-censored points in each run.

if( nbl > 1 ){
     int aa,bb, nnk , nerr=0 ;
STATUS("count un-censored points in each run") ;
     for( tt=0 ; tt < nbl ; tt++ ){
       aa = bla[tt] ; bb = blb[tt] ;
       for( nnk=0,jj=aa ; jj <= bb ; jj++ ) if( tp->censar[jj] != 0.0f ) nnk++ ;
       if( nnk < MIN_RUN ){
         ERROR_message(
           "run #%d has only %d points after censoring (need at least %d)",
           tt+1,nnk,MIN_RUN) ;
         nerr++ ;
       }
     }
     if( nerr > 0 ) ERROR_exit("Cannot continue with such over-censoring!") ;
   }

My question is: Is 25.9 the maximum percentage allowed to censor time points? If so, is there some way to increase it to be less restrictive?

Kind regards,
Karel
Subject Author Posted

Censoring error in 3dTproject

Karelo February 23, 2021 05:12AM

Re: Censoring error in 3dTproject

ptaylor February 23, 2021 11:19AM