AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
July 22, 2019 01:17PM
I have a dataset where participants performed: two tasks under two conditions
Let's say the design looks like this:

TaskA - condition1(TAc1)
TaskA - condition2(TAc2)
TaskB- condition1 (TAc1)
TaskB- condition2 (TBc2)

Based on the literature a am interested in looking at the differences in activation between tasks and conditions in 30 regions of interest. I also would like to use a bayesian approach as the previous has indicated some directionality in the kinds of activations (increase / decrease) should be expected.

If I am interested in the differences between conditions within each task then should The Y-value to used in RBA be (TAc1- TAc2) and (TBc1 - TBc2) ?

Similarly, if I am interested in between task-comparisons for each condition should the Y-value used in the RBA be (TAc1 - TBc1) and (TAc2 - TBc2) ?

Lastly, should each contrast be modeled separately at the group level, and if so - is there a need for a correction?

Thank you for your assistance,
Gerome
Subject Author Posted

Computing the Y Value for within-task comparisons using Region Based Analysis.

GMan July 22, 2019 01:17PM

Re: Computing the Y Value for within-task comparisons using Region Based Analysis.

gang July 22, 2019 01:41PM