AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 13, 2021 06:12PM
I would like to use Freesurfer aseg atlas (aparc.a2009_aseg.nii) in the subject space. I think I'm so close and I found other posts related to this, but I can't still figure out how to get the atlas in the native space.

I ran @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS (command I ran: @SUMA_Make_Spec_Fs -NIFTI -sid sub-01), and it created the SUMA directory, which has subj_SurfVol.nii and aparc.a2009s+aseg.nii (all beautiful!).

I found that sub-01_SurfVol.nii has 256, 256, 256 voxels (x,y,z) but my subject's native T1 (say sub-01_T1w+orig) has 176, 256, 256 voxels, so I ran @SUMA_AligntoExperiment with sub-01_T1w+orig as exp_anat input. It created sub-01_SurfVol_Alnd_Exp+orig, but this one and aparc.a2009s+aseg.nii is still in 256/256/256 voxel space.

When I ran 3dresample to align aparc.a2009s+aseg.nii to align it to my native space, it didn't align well. I think I could try 3dallineate, but I feel like I might be just missing something or not doing the first step in a correct way because, in other posts, I saw comments saying that the output from @SUMA_Make_Spec_Fs should be in the exact native space.

Could you give me any advice on this? Also, I'm generally confused 1) whether sub-01_SurfVol+orig is supposed to be in the native (T1) space (rectangle-like space) or in a freesurfer-ish space (square-like space where all dimensions have the same number of voxels), and 2) whether the output of @SUMA_AlignToExperiment is supposed to be in, in the native space.

Thank you!!
Subject Author Posted

Freesurfer aseg from @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS in native space

irenej24 April 13, 2021 06:12PM

Re: Freesurfer aseg from @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS in native space

ptaylor April 14, 2021 09:31AM

Re: Freesurfer aseg from @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS in native space

irenej24 April 14, 2021 11:17AM

Re: Freesurfer aseg from @SUMA_Make_Spec_FS in native space Attachments

irenej24 April 14, 2021 11:28AM