AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 06, 2019 04:31PM
Hello,
I noticed that the output resolution of the EPI file by afni_proc.py does not reflect what the documentation says.
The documentation says this for the parameter -volereg_warp_dxyz.
-volreg_warp_dxyz DXYZ : grid dimensions for _align_e2a or _tlrc_warp

e.g. -volreg_warp_dxyz 3.5
default: min dim truncated to 3 significant bits
And it listed a few examples. My interpretation is that if I leave this parameter unset, then it should take the default above.
But for my dataset which has 2.694 mm on two dimensions and 2.7 mm on the other dimension, the output EPI file after volreg is 2.5 mm resolution, instead of 2.69 or 2.7 which I would guess based on the documentation.

Just wonder if you want to check whether the documentation is outdated or if the script somehow does not follow the default. (I am using AFNI version linux_openmp_64 19.2.07 from July 30.)

Thanks!
Subject Author Posted

afni_proc.py does not honor the default setting of -volreg_warp_dxyz

Mingbo August 06, 2019 04:31PM

Re: afni_proc.py does not honor the default setting of -volreg_warp_dxyz

rick reynolds August 06, 2019 07:03PM

Re: afni_proc.py does not honor the default setting of -volreg_warp_dxyz

Mingbo August 07, 2019 12:09AM