AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
April 21, 2021 03:53PM
Dear AFNI Team,

I hope you are doing well. I was wondering whether the colorscale gap width is something that can be modified? For example, I have some sort of anatomical underlay and a t-statistics overlay. I choose a colorscale like "Spectrum:red_to_blue+gap". This gives a nice colormap where negative t-stats are shown in blue and positives are in red. At the same time, it nulls out any t-statistic values around 0 from the display, from approximately -0.25 to +0.25 (based on a visual ballpark). However, is it possible to increase the width of this gap?

I know I can suppress overlay voxels below a t-stat (or p-value) cutoff by changing the threshold. Ultimately I will do that, but I also take advantage of the full color variation. For example, if I'm looking at t-stats >3, there's a lot of colorscale variation given to [+0.25, +3] that is "wasted", since I cut that range off. So, the final overlay voxels that DO get displayed only live in a narrow band of color variation of "really red" to "even more red", as opposed to "yellow" to "red". It would be nice to have "yellow" start at +3 and "red" end with +5 or something like that, which is what I think controlling the gap would help with.

If relevant, I am using version AFNI_19.2.24.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Conan
Subject Author Posted

Colorscale gap width?

cchen April 21, 2021 03:53PM

Re: Colorscale gap width?

ptaylor April 21, 2021 08:07PM

cchen April 22, 2021 11:04PM

Daniel Glen April 22, 2021 12:26PM