AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 09, 2019 11:57AM
Hi,

I've been playing with BayesianGroupAna.py and would like to perform the equivalent of a between group t-test. Is this possible? Having read the paper, it would seem that it should be theoretically possible.

The example analysis in the paper describing the rational for BayesianGroupAna.py, operationally defined brain activity as the Z scored correlation between a seed and the other pre-specified ROIs with the effect of interest being the relationship between these z-scores and the theory of mind inventory score. However, I have a more classic task (regressors and contrasts thereof) and am wondering if I can even analyze such a task using BayesianGroupAna.py? To be more specific, I've created regressors of interest from my task and computed GLM contrasts using an afni_proc.py pipeline. Does it make even sense to feed the results from such contrasts (averaged over pre-specified ROIs typically activated by the class of task as indicated by Neurosynth) into BayesianGroupAna.py assuming it can perform the Bayesian equivalent of a two group t-test?

(Also (tangentially), reading the MBA help text Example 3, is SA the product of sex and age? If so, shouldn't the last two rows in the example then have SA as positive since sex and SA are both negative?)

Thanks in advance,

Colm.
Subject Author Posted

Two group analyses with BayesianGroupAna.py possible?

Colm Connolly August 09, 2019 11:57AM

Re: Two group analyses with BayesianGroupAna.py possible?

gang August 09, 2019 01:44PM

Colm Connolly August 09, 2019 02:07PM

gang August 09, 2019 05:35PM

Colm Connolly August 23, 2019 12:01PM

gang August 23, 2019 03:26PM