AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
August 09, 2019 01:44PM
Colm,

Use RBA instead of BayesianGroupAna.py for region-based analysis since I've been maintaining and adding more functionalities into RBA.

> I've been playing with BayesianGroupAna.py and would like to perform the equivalent of a between group t-test. Is this possible?

Currently RBA allows for between-subject (categorical and quantitative) variables as predictors. I'll try to add the functionality of modeling within-subject variables soon.

> Does it make even sense to feed the results from such contrasts (averaged over pre-specified ROIs typically activated by the class
> of task as indicated by Neurosynth) into BayesianGroupAna.py assuming it can perform the Bayesian equivalent of a two group t-test?

Sure. Basically if you have a GLM under the conventional framework, you can use RBA. I'll try to expand its modeling capability to the case with repeated-measures variables.

> reading the MBA help text Example 3, is SA the product of sex and age? If so, shouldn't the last two rows in the example then have
> SA as positive since sex and SA are both negative?)

Thanks for catching the mistakes there!

Gang

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2019 02:30PM by Gang.
Subject Author Posted

Two group analyses with BayesianGroupAna.py possible?

Colm Connolly August 09, 2019 11:57AM

Re: Two group analyses with BayesianGroupAna.py possible?

gang August 09, 2019 01:44PM

Colm Connolly August 09, 2019 02:07PM

gang August 09, 2019 05:35PM

Colm Connolly August 23, 2019 12:01PM

gang August 23, 2019 03:26PM