AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
May 12, 2021 08:17PM
Hello -

I have a (hopefully) simple statistics question. I have a dataset of reconstructed microelectrode recording sites across patients within the subthalamic nucleus (STN) - for each recording/site, I have a statistic for two analyses (testA and testB). What I want to understand is whether testA or testB values vary by anatomical location within the STN (is testA higher in one part, and testB higher in another?). To do so, I have been running a paired 3dttest++ (H0: for each voxel, are the testA and testB statistics the same?).

3dttest++
-setA *testA*
-setB *testB*
-paired
-mask stn_mer_mask.nii.gz
 -ETAC 8
...where stn_mer_mask.nii.gz is a mask for all voxels with microelectrode (mer) recordings.

While this is producing encouraging results, I want to be sure that this is indeed the appropriate test. My primary concern is that there is an unequal spatial distribution of recording sites within the mask (microelectrode recordings just happen, we can't record from every voxel in each brain). I would imagine this is analogous to voxel-based lesion-symptom mapping, but I wanted to know if this is accounted for with ETAC/ClustSim.

Thank you for your help!
Pete

PS - I have similar results/problems with running 3dttest++ on electrocorticography/surface data, and I was wondering if scripts generated by slow_surf_clustsim.py would also address this sparse spatial density issue.
Subject Author Posted

3dttest++ for microelectrode data

pmlauro May 12, 2021 08:17PM