AFNI Message Board

Dear AFNI users-

We are very pleased to announce that the new AFNI Message Board framework is up! Please join us at:

https://discuss.afni.nimh.nih.gov

Existing user accounts have been migrated, so returning users can login by requesting a password reset. New users can create accounts, as well, through a standard account creation process. Please note that these setup emails might initially go to spam folders (esp. for NIH users!), so please check those locations in the beginning.

The current Message Board discussion threads have been migrated to the new framework. The current Message Board will remain visible, but read-only, for a little while.

Sincerely, AFNI HQ

History of AFNI updates  

|
September 05, 2019 06:08AM
Dear AFNI experts,

I am trying to use 3dClustsim on a 3dLME or 3dMVM output to do multiple comparison corrections. I know that first I have to use 3dDeconvolve to get the error time series (errts) from each participant. Then, I should use 3dFWHMx with the -acf option to estimate data smoothness and use those parameters in 3dClustsim.

I have some questions about this process:
Firstly, errts is an output from a regression performed by 3dDeconvolve. So, what can I do if I did that regression using 3dDentred? Can I get the errts in an isolated step? if so, should I input each subject 3D+time image before any detrend with the same regressors than in 3dDentred? Is it possible to get errts file without using regressors? I also would like to understand why is necessary to use errts instead the regressed 3D+time image to get acf parameters.

Secondly, when I use 3dFWHMx I get four parameters which appear in the terminal. Are these parameters the average across all volumes/subbriks? Should I put the first three in acf option when using 3dClustsim then? My last question about this topic is, if I get every subject acf parameters, should I put the mean of all these inter-subject acf parameters with the tstat map as an input (using 3dClustsim) ?

If you could help me with these queries, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a lot,

Karel
Subject Author Posted

Steps and considerations before using 3dClustsim

Karelo September 05, 2019 06:08AM

Re: Steps and considerations before using 3dClustsim

Karelo September 05, 2019 10:37AM

gang September 06, 2019 04:35PM

Karelo September 11, 2019 03:32AM